Understanding key economics concepts can help you build the career you want
Using professionally produced videos and animations to explain key economics topics one step at a time, we help you master this essential topic.
This 9-video content demo shows how we help learners master one of the fundamental building blocks of all Economics - Demand Curves.
Students must master Demand curves before they can truly understand economics. This demo chapter includes 9 short animations, a multimedia review, notes, textbook references, and a quiz to confirm student learning.
What you're getting:
- A condensed video-learning solution that accelerates your understanding of economics
- Master the demand concepts used by all successful economists, businesses, and investors
- 9 beautifully animated, short videos take you step-by-step through demand and supply curves
- Learn how price and quantity interact
- Learn how quantity demanded and increased demand are different
- See what happens when curves shift
- Test your knowledge with responsive, dynamically generated quizzes
- Movement Along the Demand Curve - Quantity Demanded Decrease - Key Concept Video
- Movement Along the Demand Curve - Quantity Demanded Increase - Key Concept Video
- Law of Demand - Key Concept Video
- Change in Demand - Increase - Key Concept Video
- Change in Demand - Decrease - Key Concept Video
- Increase or Decrease in Demand - Key Concept Video
- Number of Buyers Increases Demand - Key Concept Video
- Expectations Can Shift Demand - Key Concept Video
- Demand Curve Compilation Summary
- Demand Curve Notes
- Demand Curve Shifts Notes
- Demand Curve Quiz
"The films have a fast tempo that respond to students' attention spans and will help many tremendously. The animations are clear, sleek and understandable."
Emilie Johnsson, Student, Concordia University
"The videos are very concise and to the point...the application of real world examples makes them very easy to follow ... perfect length."
Ryan Besse, Student, McGill University
"I think this effort is outstanding and I'm recommending it to my students."
Mike Fladlien, Economics Teacher, Iowa
"These guys demonstrated time and time again, their understanding of what it takes to create truly successful and engaging educational videos."
Daniel Rivet, Executive Director, Ideeclic
Jay is a corporate finance and turnaround specialist, who has successfully applied Econblox principles to his own businesses and to others across North America. Jay has actively represented shareholders’ interests as a director or as an advisor to the Board of Directors of 25 different companies, beginning with the highly successful leveraged buy-out of Plastifab Industries, a leading plastics manufacturer.
In the Econblox project, Jay worked with hundreds of economics professors, teachers, consultants, PhDs, filmmakers, animators, and students to identify and illustrate the real-world economics concepts that give learners the biggest headaches, then to solve those problems with some of the best educational videos on the planet.
A graduate of the Harvard Business School MBA program, Jay is an Electrical Engineer and graduate of The Royal Military College of Canada. He is an accredited professional electrical engineer, a Past-President of the Harvard Business School Club of Montreal and a Governor of the Harvard Club of British Columbia. Jay actively mentors ambitious business and not-for-profit leaders and draws great energy from the Harvard University undergrad applicants that he interviews each year.